Who we are
VaR Capital is an independent financial advisory firm offering Asset Management, Debt Finance and Corporate Advisory services. It was founded by individuals with extensive experience from Banking, Asset Management and Family Offices. Majority owned by employees, VaR Capital is supported by leading families and institutions from Europe and Asia.
We are differentiated by the following factors:
– Independence: we are independent of banks and other service providers
– Fees: our fees are aligned to performance, and we have no incentive to sell “products”
– Research: ability to filter research and “advice” received from multiple institutions whilst conducting proprietary analysis
Here are a few words on what differentiates us, from our founding client, Sukhpal Ahluwalia (founder of Euro Car Parts).
“The reason I backed the guys from day one, is I honestly believe when it comes to stock selection, market timing and arranging banking…… they are a formidable team. They’ve run my liquid funds for many years and their risk-adjusted returns have always substantially exceeded the market herd. So when they came to me to discuss setting up VAR Capital, it was a no-brainer for me, to become both an investor in the business, and to move my funds to VAR. It continues to be a very exciting time and I thoroughly enjoy helping them build the business.”
VaR Capital works closely with several trust companies on managing wealth for complex structures, companies and foundations across multiple jurisdictions. We understand the complexities of family wealth, wealth planning and inter-generational wealth transfer. We often draw upon our experiences from working with our founding families and helping them manage and grow their wealth.
Each client has a bespoke portfolio, in a managed account in their own name and control. We work with many custodians where we have preferred pricing arrangements; we are also happy to work with a custodian of the client’s choice.
We are also happy to review existing portfolios in terms of risk, costs and alignment with objectives. We provide our initial thoughts without any commitments. Client reference requests are welcome.
What we do
In addition to advisory and discretionary portfolios, we can also provide investment consulting services.
Our investment philosophy is built upon the following four factors:
– Capital preservation under all market conditions
– Diversification by asset class and geographies
– Value and event driven investing and bottom up analysis
– Direct, single line trades where possible, avoiding layers of fees
We are a signatory to the Principles of Responsible Investing, an initiative by the United Nations, enabling us to create bespoke portfolios with an ESG (environment, social and governance) filter, if required.
Our investment process is as below:
– Define asset allocation and risk metrics based on the client’s needs and objectives and our medium term macro-economic outlook
– Select securities using short and medium term themes, potential events (e.g. company sale) and value investing
– Apply any relevant filters such as tax issues (e.g. Resident Non-Domicile), ESG or Sharia compliance
– Execute the portfolio, and monitor risks, performance and costs on an ongoing basis
+44 (0) 203 7096 172