Who we are
At Tilney, your client’s personal wealth is our personal responsibility. We are a leading private client investment company that was founded more than 180 years ago and has now grown to look after more than £20 billion of assets for clients around the world.
All of our services are underpinned by a disciplined investment process and delivered by some of the UK’s most experienced and highly qualified investment professionals.
Our comprehensive investment management capability means we can also provide investment services for people seeking custody offshore. We have a truly global client base and considerable experience working with non UK situs assets and non UK sourced income.
Clients we work with include:
• HNW Families
• Company accounts
• US connected clients
What we do
Central to our investment philosophy is the belief that clients are not necessarily risk averse, they are loss averse; and it is on this basis that we aim to preserve and grow the real value of our clients’ capital over time. In an investment world that is sometimes unpredictable, often irrational and all too frequently short-term in its outlook, we believe investment success can only be achieved by focusing on a small number of guiding principles. These principles inform all aspects of our investment thinking:
• Investors are particularly sensitive to losses rather than averse to taking risk
• Long-term performance should be judged alongside returns from cash and inflation
• Equity will be the main driver of real returns, but these returns require patience and discipline to achieve
• Short-term market movements are impossible to predict
• Asset allocation is the long term driver of performance and risk management
• Understanding and managing liquidity are vital
The assets we invest in can go down as well as up in value and investors could get back less than the amount originally invested.
Head of Business Development
+44 (0) 207 818 6887