Who we are
Close Brothers Asset Management (CBAM) is one of the UK’s largest and longest-established providers of high quality financial planning advice and discretionary investment services.
We are part of Close Brothers Group plc, a FTSE 250 company and a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services, and securities trading. Established in 1878, we believe our traditional merchant banking values, based on conservatism, prudence and integrity, continue to be relevant today. We are client centred in everything we do.
At Close Brothers Asset Management, we provide complete financial planning and investment services to private clients, families, trustees, consultants, family offices and charities. Central to our wealth management proposition is our award-winning, institutional–quality investment capability.
What we do
We believe consistent long-term out-performance is best derived from global, multi-asset class portfolios. Every investor, irrespective of the amount they invest, benefits from the same investment expertise, which is based on institutional disciplines, a firm belief in the value of active management, and a depth of expertise employing deep fundamental research and insight to our decisions. Our experienced team of investment managers and in-house research team work together to source the best ideas in each asset class and across different geographies. The investment managers use these ideas as the building blocks of the portfolios and then tailor them to meet the suitability and differing requirements of our diverse client base.
Benefits for our clients:
• Each Discretionary Managed client in our DMS Bespoke service is assigned a dedicated investment team to construct and implement their bespoke investment strategy. This combined role maximises accountability and ensures that there is always someone to reassure and respond to clients promptly.
• Regular contact: investment managers aim to meet with clients on an 18-month cycle to review performance and update suitability.
• Bespoke requirements – such as ethical, tax, income and currency considerations – are an integral feature of this service.
• Our senior investment managers – who each have over 20 years’ experience – will be the main point of contact throughout the relationship and we are proud of the continuity of the team (only 2 people have left in the past 10 years)
• The dedicated investment team is part of our larger resource of 65 investment professionals -headed up by our CIO, Nancy Curtin – and includes investment managers and an institutional-quality research capability covering global equities, fixed income and credit, alternatives, external managers and passive security selection.
• We have a simple and transparent fee structure
Director Business Development
+44 (0) 207 426 4363